Senior Account Executive
Location: Boston, MA
The Executive Director, Brand Partnerships is responsible for working with partners to develop a unique Content Marketing Program that achieves the client’s goals.
The ideal candidate can effectively build and manage their own pipeline and nurture relationships in order to engage with senior level marketing executives at Fortune 1000 companies. This person will be responsible for creating a target account list, securing client meetings, facilitating client workshops, building a sales strategy for a content marketing program, securing the business and transitioning the account to the services team.
The ideal candidate is aggressive and has a passion for solving client’s business challenges by providing thought leadership. Successful candidates have an ability to engage prospects and build rapport quickly; they thrive on creative thinking and creating custom solutions; and they are able to effectively manage a short sales cycle.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand client challenges and manage through overcoming objections by identifying creative solutions.
- Ability to research, build and deliver a thoughtful content marketing strategy approach.
- Create sales prospecting strategies to connect with influencers at Fortune 100 companies
- Not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and offer an alternative approach.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals by developing and managing opportunities.
- Provide accurate monthly sales forecasting.
- Enter all opportunity information into Salesforce.com.
- Create and manage contract processes through signature.
- Build and deliver presentations to represent client solutions.
- Focus sales efforts by identifying target accounts to prospect into.
- Keep management frequently informed by submitting activity progress, sales strategy and path to signature.
- Successfully transition new business opportunities to services team.
- Find opportunities to build pipeline
- Participate in CMO industry events by selecting and facilitating one-on-one meetings with senior level marketing professionals.
- 15+ years of b2b consultative experience desired
- Hunter mentality
- Ability to work independently
- Marketing Agency Experience a plus
- Self-starter with an ability to deliver on targets without constant supervision
- High-caliber work ethic and preparation, with focused attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Must be a good communicator and skilled at developing relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at prioritizing and managing pipeline effectively
- BA/BS required or commensurate experience