Lead Software Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA
- Assist with management of high priority customer escalated issues and defects
- Work directly with core engineering teams to ensure success on issues requiring additional expertise outside of sustaining engineering
- Represent engineering team in discussions with the support team and customers
- Work with sustaining team manager and other team leads to improve sustaining process
- Supplement engineering off-hours support (after hours and weekends) for emergency situations
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues
- 5+ years of software engineering experience designing and building enterprise applications
- Experience building or maintaining software that is extremely robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load
- Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast-moving environment with high expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners as needed
- At least 1 year in a development leadership role or at least 3 years in a support and/or quality assurance leadership role
- Experience with C++, C#, Windows and/or Win32 APIs.
- Working knowledge of Java, Apache HTTP Server, and Linux environment a plus
- Experience integrating third-party APIs or SDKs into an enterprise product a plus.
- Solid experience with the full software development life cycle and a proven track record in successfully bringing products to market.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.