Senior Content Marketing Manager
Location: Waltham, MA
Our client’s marketing team is seeking a senior content marketing manager to build and execute the plan for our marketing and sales content, and to drive collaboration across our marketing organization to ensure planned content is delivered on time, with measurable success. This individual will tackle topics ranging from thought leadership in the cloud observability and application security markets, to the company’s product innovation. They will possess, an understanding the content landscape spanning leading technology providers, and a strong perspective on which asset types work, and which do not. They will have a passion for all aspects of content development, from writing, creative, and layout to demand generation.
This marketing leader will be an expert collaborator, fully adept at working together with diverse teams including product, sales, partner, HR and marketing organizations. They will maintain a unique blend of strategic, quantitative and creative abilities, taking business goals into consideration when making brand and creative-related decisions. They will manage agency partnerships while supporting a robust creative process, from strategy through flawless execution.
This leader will be a champion of the company brand identity, nurturing our ‘voice’ so we stand out in a crowded environment and ensuring our brand is properly reflected across all external customer touch points, as well as in internal/employee communications. They will serve as an internal brand ambassador and evangelist, ensuring processes are in place to help internal business partners take full advantage of our content, and understand use the story, promise and business value portrayed in these materials.
- Build strategy for marketing and sales content, spanning company-produced and third-party-produced deliverables
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, product and HR teams to ensure plan reflects company business goals
- Own all aspects of content development including selecting which assets to pursue, aligning internal and third-party teams on plan, writing and/or editing content, partnering with creative teams on visual and layout, and working with campaign marketing to execute – generating leads, and measuring results
- Present results, including Share of Voice and MQL metrics, to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Champion the company’s voice and culture; be a leading member of our winning team as well as a positive contributor to our company culture
- BA or BS required
- MBA preferred
- 10 years’ experience working with digital media
- Similar experience with similar B2B technology companies
- Excellent written communications skills
- Strong creative skills, including visual and layout
- Solid executive presence – ability to collect and present results to senior business leaders