Location: Framingham, MA
This position is a part of a larger team that provides Process Engineering support to Biotech and Pharmaceutical manufacturers that are designing facilities for new clinical candidates and existing products. Applicants should have between 8+ years’ experience, preferably in support of cGMP processes or design. Successful applicants will work closely with colleagues in the process group and other Company departments to deliver projects for our clients. Our clients are primarily in the Pharmaceutical, Life Science and Food and Beverage sectors. The company provides full EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation) services for its clients.
- Provide engineering leadership to clients projects in Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical facilities.
- Works as a contributor, reviewer and mentor to junior engineers on projects where another project lead has been assigned
- Works as the project lead for some projects, responsible for the quality, technical accuracy and timeliness of process deliverables for the project team.
- Coordinates Process scope with Piping, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and I&C Disciplines to assure overall project delivery.
- Provide consultation and direction to disciplines, PM’s and business development on areas of expertise.
- Identify deliverables, define requirements and provide PMR’s and process narratives for project proposals.
- Develop technical specifications, and process deliverables including mass balances, BFD, PFD, lists, Calculations, analysis and narratives for feasibility, concept, BOD, Detail design.
- Supports projects in Construction administration by providing RFI and Submittal review, or coordinates the delivery of these items with members of the team for which the senior engineer is leading.
- Continue to develop personal expertise in the industry through research and event attendance.
- Present at Industry events to continue to promote the brand and the company’s capabilities in client delivery.
- Mentors junior engineers and interns as assigned.
- Assist Business Development group in pursuing new projects opportunities.
Education & experience:
- Chemical Engineering – degree preferred. Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering degrees may also be suitable.
- 8+ years’ experience supporting cGMP Facility in an engineering role. Prefer experience with API, cell culture upstream, Downstream purification, Single-use technology, CIP/SIP, clean utility systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team, at times with remote locations, possible.
- Maintain excellent attention to detail, possess organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience presenting to an audience is a plus.