Junior Buyer/ Procurement Specialist
Location: Framingham, MA
We are currently seeking a Junior Buyer to work with our Procurement Manager and other Senior procurement staff to assist with the procurement requirements on the many fast paced projects that we perform for Life Science clients. This position will assist with issuing RFQ/ITB packages, bidders lists, subcontractor/vendor database, distribution of proposals and other procurement activities.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Organize vendor and subcontractor data base
- Issue request for quote and invitation to bid packages
- Receive and distribute proposals
- Assist in the review proposals from a commercial aspect
- Assist with the issuance of purchase orders and subcontracts
- Enter commitments into Procore
- Maintain equipment status reports for projects
- Invoice control – review and submittal into Procore
- Excellent organization skills
- High proficiency in MS Office and ability to quickly learn operating system
- Knowledge of Procore, ConstructSecure and Deltek is a plus
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills and math aptitude
- Clear communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Vendor resourcefulness
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skill required
- Degree in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years’ procurement experience.
- Familiarity with an ERP system such as Deltek, Visual, SAP, Epicor, JDE is added plus.