IT Security Architect
Location: Marlborough, MA
The IT Security Architect will work directly the Information Systems teams to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, as it relates to the credit union’s process, procedures, and systems. They will work with these teams to ensure industry standard security best practices in existing and new systems architectures and 3rd party solutions, processes, and configurations, throughout the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement Cloud architecture to realize migration to new platforms, including Amazon AWS, Azure, and others as deemed necessary, in a serverless first, CI/CD pipeline environment.
- Evaluate, design, architect, test, deploy, configure, administrate, and maintain the credit union’s systems security and configurations.
- Design and define highly complex, critical, and diverse architectures for security devices, electronic data traffic, network access, cryptography, and access control.
- Coordinate activities and configurations with key architecture resources on the Infrastructure, Network, DevOps, CI/CD, Development, QA, and Information Security teams.
- Establish best practices and industry standard controls and baseline configurations for a variety of services, systems, devices, endpoints, data, and 3rd party solutions.
- Work with vendors to configure and optimize Information Security solutions and/or systems for the credit union.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT Security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with various teams and departments within the organization, and build constructive relationships
- Focus on continuous learning and development
- Independently able to make decisions and solve problems
- High quality work standards and output
- Adapt well to changes in assignment and priority
- Dependable and reliable, open to change and feedback
- Organize work, sets priorities, and determine resource requirements, and necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or related field
- Security related certifications, such as Amazon AWS Certifications, CISSP, SSCP, ECSA
- 3+ years of experience in Cybersecurity Architecture, including Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience with CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST 800 and CSF, and FFIEC frameworks, and Financial Institution Regulatory Requirements
- Experience with managing Firewalls, Networks, Microsoft and Linux environments, Virtual Environments, Cloud Security, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS
- Experience with managing SIEM, Logs, IDS/IPS, DLP, Web filters, AV, and WAF solutions
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS and FTP
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Active in the Information Security community, such as groups, conferences, and so on