Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA
Our vision is to be recognized as a leading Information Security function within the financial sector leader and trusted partner delivering indispensable, and reliable services to our advisors, customers, and communities. As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be a key member of the Information Security Engineering team. You will need to have a strong understanding of data security solutioning and design processes needed to enable and securely deliver resilient security services. You will work collaboratively with the Information Security teams to ensure solutions and services are designed and adopted effectively. The Cloud security engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, performing maintenance and support functions associated with the Cloud security systems.
You will be closely working with other members of the information Security team and IT teams to ensure continued success operation. You will be able to make an impact to a more reliable and stable Cloud security environment with better monitoring and automation. This role is ideal for those seeking a challenge in a growing business, providing indispensable services to user communities and being part of its success.
This is a new role with a new team who have recently transformed to new ways of working. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security engineer with good security knowledge and high impact leadership skills. This is a great opportunity to help build a high performing team in the finance industry.
- Working as part of the Security Engineering team, assisting with ongoing, hands-on configuration and management of current and future cloud security technologies
- Evaluating and implementing Azure and office365 Cloud security controls such as Office365 ATP, Azure Security Center, Azure Policy, Azure Sentinel, Azure ATP, Defender ATP
- Implement and manage cloud security best practices in azure and office365.
- Managing cryptography and encryption of data in the cloud
- Implementing Logging, monitoring, and automation solutions to respond to detected incidents in the cloud and hybrid environment.
- Configuring and integrating SIEM, SOAR and UEBA with cloud and hybrid security solutions
- Researching and implementing new and advanced techniques for threat detection and response.
- Work closely with application, developers, and infrastructure team members to implement and design secure cloud solutions.
- Automate cloud security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support.
- Create, review, and update documentation including publishing SOPs, standards, and guidelines.
- Identify security threats and risks related to cloud infrastructure services and plan remediation activities.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve basic and complex hybrid and azure cloud issues.
- Develop and conduct training for team members including interns
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related discipline, or equivalent training
- 5+ years of related work experience in a Cloud security role
- Expertise in Azure Infrastructure operations security tools including Azure Resource Manager, Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, Azure Application Gateway, RBAC for storage accounts, Shared Access Signatures, Storage Service Encryption, VPN Gateway, Azure Key Vault, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Active Directory
- Strong understanding of Identity and access management, conditional access, and role-based access control.
- In depth knowledge of designing and building Azure cloud network infrastructure
- Deep understanding of the security models of cloud providers and cloud native operations.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and maintaining security for hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Familiar with Azure Services such as Kubernetes Services, Azure SQL, PowerBI, Logic Apps and other key technologies in the Azure cloud.
- Experience with data security tools in Microsoft cloud such as Azure information Protection, Officer365 Data classification and DLP, Defender ATP
- Experience with cloud data analytics tools and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Industry certifications such as Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate and other certifications