Account Executive (VAR and Channel)
About the job
The Partner/Channel Account Executive is a seller role focused on building relationships with indirect partners including resellers, VAR (value added resellers) and channel partners. We are looking to expand outside of the United States and looking for a candidate with experience building relationships with global resellers and partners to expand our international business for our technology (SaaS) solutions in the commercial construction market
- Build relationships with indirect sales partners including VAR, resellers, channel partners, etc
- Generate New Revenue: Partner with customers, resellers and prospects to understand their business needs and objectives and to bring highly differentiated technology (SaaS) solutions to the challenge of improving project management and team collaboration in the commercial construction management ecosystem. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to conduct great Discovery, differentiate solutions and sell value. They will also have the experience and ability to quarterback and manage a team sell.
- Key Account Management: Conduct periodic evaluations of customer deployments of solutions to determine how well these products/services are meeting customer objectives and how well customers are utilizing all resources available to clients and partners.
- Sales Cycle Management: Bring current opportunities to a successful close (initial sale) and develop sales strategies for further expansion via incremental opportunities (upsell).
- CRM Use and Management: Proficiency with and use of SF.com as well as adjacent sales tech applications is expected.
- Experience building relationships with indirect partners including resellers, channel partners. VAR’s, etc.
- Global experience and ability to partner with resellers on international scale.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and sell.
- Expertise selling Enterprise SaaS products and services using a Value-based Selling Methodology.
- 6-8+ years of business experience with demonstrated success in selling SaaS based technology solutions to enterprise level customers, at a premium, with ability to show ROI
- Demonstrated ability to sell a “vision and value” – services, ideas and outcomes – rather than just product, features and functions.
- A strong business acumen, with the ability to navigate/sell to a wide variety of functional areas (e.g. C-suite, Finance, Operations, Project management etc.) and to work comfortably at all management levels (executive/senior, mid-management, entry level).
- Outstanding sales, strategic-planning and sales-execution skills.
- Motivation and discipline to build and manage a robust pipeline and show documented progress with current and prospective customers.
- Excellent listening and oral/written communication skills necessary to present information, results of analysis and recommendations to all levels of employees, including executive management
- Experience in dealing with cross-functional teams to build solutions and drive customer success
- High ethical standards and a reputation for integrity and professionalism
- Career motivation – willingness and ability to invest significant time and effort for a long-term payoff
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required (a master’s degree is a plus).